Company Logo

Fleming Hall (St. Matthew’s Anglican Hostel)

 -  1955 -1976

Religious Entity: Anglican

In response to overcrowding at the All Saints Residential School in Aklavik, the Anglican Church opened a hostel in a private home in Fort McPherson in 1951. This residence operated without government support for most of the 1950s. It was replaced in 1958 by Fleming Hall, which could house 100 students, who attended Peter Warren Dease School. The Hall was transferred to the government of the Northwest Territories in 1969 and was closed in 1976.

group of students from Fleming Hall school
Group of people standing outside in the snow
alternative text test