The St. Andrew’s Mission School opened in 1903 with ten student boarders at Whitefish Lake, in what is now Alberta. A new building was built three years later and in 1908 the federal government recognized Whitefish Lake as a boarding school and began funding it. The school enrollment increased when the St. Peter’s Anglican School was closed in 1932 and when the Gift Lake Métis Settlement was created in 1938. In 1950 the residential school was closed and replaced with a church-run day school.
Remembering the Following Students:
|Date of Death (Year/Month/Day)