Representatives of the Alaska-based Baptist Evangelization Society founded the Whitehorse Indian Baptist Mission day school in 1947. A student residence in an army-surplus building was added later that year. Indian Affairs provided funding for salaries and school supplies along with a per student payment. A 1956 Indian Affairs report found the residence “very unsatisfactory.” When the building was condemned in 1960, the federal government stopped funding the school, but it remained in operation until 1962.
Remembering the Following Students:
|Name||Date of Death (Year/Month/Day)|