The St. Philip’s school dates back to the construction of a boarding school on the Keeseekoosee Reserve near Kamsack in what is now Saskatchewan in 1902. Poor conditions in the school led to its closure in 1914. It reopened in 1927 as the St. Philip’s school. In 1957 the school farm ceased operation and the boarding school was increasingly used as a residence for students attending local day schools. During the 1960s, a period when sexual and physical abuse was a widespread problem at the school, a school supervisor was dismissed for mistreatment of students. The school closed in 1969.
Remembering the Following Students:
|Date of Death (Year/Month/Day)
|Camilla Bertha Whitehawk