St. Bruno’s boarding school was opened by Roman Catholic missionaries in 1860 at Ile à la Crosse. Poor living conditions at the school led the Grey Nuns teaching at the school to leave in 1905. In 1906 the school was moved to the confluence of the La Plonge and Beaver Rivers. In 1927 nineteen students and one teacher died in a fire that destroyed the school and the dormitories. In 1969 the federal government took over the administration of the school. In 1985 full control of the school and residence was transferred to the Meadow Lake Tribal Council. The residence closed in 1995.
Remembering the Following Students:
|Name||Date of Death (Year/Month/Day)|
|Marguerite Darazele||Not known|