The Fort George Roman Catholic residential school (or the Ste. Therese de l’Enfant Jesus school) was established in 1937 on an island in the mouth of the Fort George (now the La Grande) River. Enrollment jumped to nearly eighty in the 1950s, and the school was overcrowded by the 1960s. In 1971 responsibility for the school (but not the residence, which was renamed the Couture Student Residence) was transferred to a provincial school board. By 1979 the residence had been transferred to a local school authority.
Remembering the Following Students:
|Name||Date of Death (Year/Month/Day)|
|Joseph Georgeskish||ca. 1939|
|Mina Nero||ca. 1944|
|Stewart Spencer||ca. 1937|