The Port Harrison Federal Day School opened in 1949 in what is now Inukjuak, Québec. In the early 1960s, with the addition of a number of hostels, the school was able to board students. The school burned down twice: once during the 1974 1975 school year, and again during the 1983 1984 school year The school was operated by the federal government until 1972, when it was operated in partnership with the Québec government. Two years later the Québec government took responsibility for the school. It was transferred to the Kativik School board, Canada’s first Inuit-controlled school board, in 1978.
Federal Hostel at Port Harrison (Inoucdjouac)
Religious Entity: Non-Denominational