The Assiniboia School opened in south Winnipeg in 1958 in a building that had served as both a former private girls’ school and a veterans’ home. Although it was originally intended to serve simply as a residence for students from a number of rural reserves, it operated as a school until 1967. From then on it operated as a residence for students until its closure.
Remembering the Following Students:
|Date of Death (Year/Month/Day)