The Lower Post school opened in 1951 at Lower Post, British Columbia, just south of the British Columbia-Yukon border. At the time there were no Roman Catholic residential schools in the Yukon and the school was intended largely for Catholic Aboriginal students from the Yukon and northern British Columbia. The facilities were expanded in 1954 and 1960. The federal government took over the school in 1969 and closed it in 1975. In the mid-1990s two former Lower Post staff members were convicted of having sexually assaulted students while working at the school.
Remembering the Following Students:
|Name||Date of Death (Year/Month/Day)|