In 1890, the Anglican Peigan Mission Home opened at St. Peter’s Mission on the Peigan Reserve in what is now Alberta. In 1897 it was replaced by a new school, the Victoria Jubilee Home for Indian Children, near Brocket. It was replaced by a new school, known as St. Cyprian, in 1927. In 1946 the school barn was destroyed by fire. While attendance was as high as 60 students in the 1950s, by 1961, the year the school closed, it had declined to 35.
Remembering the Following Students:
|Name||Date of Death (Year/Month/Day)|
|Donat Crow Shoe||1934-06-01|
|Frank Calf Chief||1899-01-07|
|Gloria White Cow||1944-12-26|
|John Bright Iron||1899-01-07|
|Stanley Big Swan||1935-01-01|