In 1891 a school was established at the St. Augustine Roman Catholic Mission in the Smoky River area of what is now Alberta. By 1900 the federal government was providing funding for the boarding school. While the school had a maximum enrollment of 50 to 60 students, it never was able to recruit enough children to make it financially viable. As a result, it was closed in 1907.
Remembering the Following Students:
|Name||Date of Death (Year/Month/Day)|