From 1880 to 1908, Methodist missionaries operated the McDougall Orphanage and Training Institution on the Stony Reserve near Morley, in what is now Alberta. In 1926 a new residence was constructed and classes were held in the local United Church. In 1947 Indian Affairs issued guidelines for the strapping of students in response to an incident in which students at the Morley school were beaten on the head. Five years later a fire inspector concluded the school was a firetrap. The school was closed in 1969.
Remembering the Following Students:
|Name||Date of Death (Year/Month/Day)|
|Charlie Amos||ca. 1943-08-01|
|Leta Powderface||ca. 1943-05-14|
|Mary Dixon (Morley)||1935-07-06|
|Susan Two Young Men||1935-06-07|
|White Bright Star||1938-02-13|