Roman Catholic missionaries provided educational services at their mission at Fort Vermilion, in what is now Alberta, from 1863 onwards. A residential school was established by the beginning of the twentieth century. The church, school, and convent were destroyed by fire in 1914. A second fire in 1932 destroyed the convent. Métis and non-Aboriginal students also attended this school. In the 1960s the school was turned into a residence for students attending local day schools. In 1968, the residence itself was closed.
Remembering the Following Students:
|Name||Date of Death (Year/Month/Day)|
|Adam J. Noskeye||1950-07-25|
|Marie Therese Door||1947-09-11|
|Mary Stella Alook||1948-06-09|
|Nancy Adelaide Grandjambe||1942-03-31|