The Oblate Fathers erected the Fort Pelly school buildings at their own expense in the early 1900s, and Canada began paying per capita grants to the school in 1905. In 1909 the Department of Indian Affairs discovered that the sisters who had been working at the school had been replaced by unqualified local staff. In 1911 an incident involving the principal, reported to be intoxicated and threatening everyone at the school, resulted in his resignation and replacement. The school closed 2 years later. Following the closing a day school was opened in the same buildings.
Remembering the Following Students:
|Name||Date of Death (Year/Month/Day)|
|Bella Andy||Not known|
|Henriette Andy||Not known|