The Pine Creek School opened in 1890, closed in 1892 and then reopened in a larger building in 1894. A still newer and larger building was constructed in 1899. The school and the surrounding farmland covered approximately 632 acres. As with many schools, frustration, homesickness, and conflicts over discipline led students to run away or to engage in acts of arson. In 1928 eight boys ran away from the school at once. Two years later, a boy was caught trying to set the school on fire. The school closed in 1969.
Remembering the Following Students:
|Name||Date of Death (Year/Month/Day)|
|Helen  Kemp||ca. 1919-01-01|
|Louis (Pine Creek)||Not known|
|Margaret St. Paul||1940-01-01|
|Sarah Jane Catcheway||1948-04-01 – 1948-04-31|
|Sarah Jane Eagle||1943-09-12 or 1943-09-13|