The St. Bruno’s boarding school (also known as Joussard) was started by Roman Catholic missionaries in 1913 at Joussard, in what is now Alberta. The building was destroyed by fire in 1923 and replaced in 1925. Enrollment increased in the 1950s when the Grouard residential school was being wound down. During the 1960s many of the residents began attending local day schools. A fire commissioner’s report in 1968 led to the school being closed the following year.
Remembering the Following Students:
|Name||Date of Death (Year/Month/Day)|
|Agnes Sawan||1935-10-21 – 1935-10-22|
|Carl Robert Napio||1967-10-25|
|Gerald Charles Badger||1963-01-01|
|Peter Okimaw||1939-12-01 – 1940-01-31|